Thursday, April 22, 2010

Billy and Bonnie Lou Ashpole

Concerning Billy and Bonnie Lou Ashpole

 

Wells Mirror,

 

Just to let all our Wells friends know that Bonnie Lou and I will be back in the area for several months again.

 

Last fall before we returned to Hawaii, Bonnie Lou had a severe heart attack. After being rushed from the Alden Mundale farm to Albert Lea Hospital and then by ambulance to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, she had a triple  bypass and also received a new cow’s heart valve. Now after 6 months here in Hawaii, she is back to better than ever!

 

After we returned to Hawaii, my children said that I was a basket case. They insisted that I see a heart doctor at Straub Clinic and get checked out. After a cardiogram and an echogram, the doctor stated that I had had several heart attacks and that my heart wall was very weak. They then arranged an angiogram for two weeks later. A few days before the test, our son Bryan and his wife Shirley wanted us to go to the beach with them. It was a warm, sunny day so they took us for lunch to the beautiful Ko’Olina Hotel on the west side of our Island and then we went swimming. There in the water, I did not realize what was happening to me, but I felt so good. The next day, I helped my son, Brad, do some carpentry work on our house and then played basketball with him. Since I was feeling so good, I announced to Bonnie Lou that I was not going to have the angiogram. She replied, ”If Jesus our Lord has healed you, then you have to have the angiogram so that you’ll have proof of the miracle.” Right after the procedure, the doctor rushed in to tell me that they could not find anything wrong with my heart. Praise the Lord! I remember the moment that Jesus healed me while I was swimming at the beach. In my lifetime, I have been in intensive care for heart problems at least twice. It is so wonderful to now be free of them. Jesus is more real to me now than ever!

 

Even though we are in our Early 80’ we are in full time ministry preaching almost every weekend in Hawaii, Minnesota etc.

 

Bonnie  Lou and I will be sharing together a Mother’s Day message at Wells Assembly on Sunday, May 9th  at their 9:30 AM service. She is going to tell the story of Rebekah from the Bible and I am going to share about my wonderful mother and mother-in-law.

 

Hope to see all my classmates and friends this summer. Although we have lived in Hawaii for some forty-three years, Wells is still my home town!

 

 

International Missionary Evangelist

Bill Ashpole Ministries

57 Ilima St.

Wahiawa, HI. 96786

ashpolebam@gmail.com

www.ashpolebam.org

1-808-228-1357-C

1-808-888-4510-H

A/G

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home