Friday, July 29, 2016

FW: AUG, 2016 NEWSLETTER

 

 

 

 

 

AUGUST,2016

 

 

Dear Fellow Believer in Christ:

Greetings in the name of our Lord! 
We pray that you are in good health and that God is with you daily! 

 Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

 

 

 

DREAM YOUR DREAMS & REACH YOUR GOALS

 

Isa 43:1  But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

            

I was only 11 years of age when the treasurer of our church came to our pastor's home and stated that he was able to pay all of the bills but this is all that is left-and he threw a fifty cent piece at him. As a child, I knew this was wrong. I was so mad about this, that I ran out of the house. I kept saying to myself, why could he not take care of our pastor and family first and then ask the people to give more to pay the church bills! 

Even thou I had to attend church, I became so hurt that I thought that all Christians were like this.

 

I got with the wrong kids and I got more in trouble. At the age of fourteen I was determined to go to Hollywood and be an actor. When I was 16 years of age I was in a gym class and they told me that I had to be in the dance class. They picked the prettiest girl in the senior class to teach me! I told her that I did not know how to dance. She put her arm around me and took my hand and said, Billy, it is so easy and showed me the 2 step. She held me so tight I felt my entire body come alive, my mind said. Billy, we sure do like this. I was sure glad that God created me like this. If I could have been satisfied with how God created me I would have been alright but I still got in more trouble. 

I have told you this before, but this is important for this story...The Sheriff called my Dad and told him, "your boy is in trouble with these other boys; I am not going to arrest your boy because you are a member of the Board in your church. Maybe some good will come out of him". 

 

Another change came into my life when I was the 25th victim in our Wells school that came down with polio. It was there in Sister Kenny Hospital that I spent the next five and one half months.  Jesus appeared at the foot of my bed and it was there I gave my heart and life to Jesus Christ.

I was sixteen years old.

 It was a hard time in the hospital, for I was on bed rest in a room of fifty beds and boys of my age.  

For the past 70 + years I have been paralyzed on my right side from under my arm to my toes.  

 

Jesus had another plan for my life!

 

 I obeyed the call of God to go to North Central University in Minneapolis, and received my BA Degree. And on our honeymoon, arriving in Horatio, Arkansas, I took on my first church. I pastored for only one year and then returned to Minneapolis to finish my college classes. From there, we pastored two other churches in Arkansas, two in Minnesota, two in Hawaii. I was the Christian Education Director for eight years and substitute Teacher for Kauai High School for 11 years. We then went to Oahu to pastor and became the Assistant Superintendent for 24 years for all of the Assemblies of God churches in Hawaii.

 

O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Don't blame God for all that goes wrong in your life, whatever you've messed up, Jesus can change and make a great life for you.  Place your life in His hands.. Read the rest of these scriptures in Isaiah and you will know that He will make better plans for you. 

Give your life completely to Jesus.

 

Isa 43:2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Isa 43:3  For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Isa 43:4  Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

Isa 43:5  Fear not: for I am with thee___ 

Isa 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isa 43:18  Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

Isa 43:19  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

 

 

A New Beginning.

The day you make a decision about your life is the day your World will change.

 

Pastor Bill Ashpole

 

ashpolebam.org

 

 

 

 

 

Feeding the spirit, feeding the body ~ Enjoy  this month's recipe:

 

 

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

 

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.

YIELD:9 servings

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • Whipped cream
  • 1-1/2 quarts fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced

Directions

  • 1. In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to the creamed mixture. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
  • 2. Cut into nine servings. Split each serving horizontally and fill with whipped cream and strawberries. Replace top of cake; garnish with more berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.

 

We welcome your comments or requests for prayer.  May God continue to lead you and bless you!  If you feel led to support our ministry, send your check to the address below.

Sincerely,

 

William Ashpole

Bill Ashpole Ministries
57 Ilima St, Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786

 

Bill Ashpole Ministries | ashpolebam@gmail.com | ashpolebam.org

 

 

Stay Connected

 

 


Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

 

Bill Ashpole Ministries, 57 Ilima Street, Wahiawa, HI 96786

 

 

Sent by ashpolebam@gmail.com in collaboration with

 

THIS IS A TEST EMAIL ONLY.
This email was sent by the author for the sole purpose of testing a draft message. If you believe you have received the message in error, please contact the author by replying to this message. Constant Contact takes reports of abuse very seriously. If you wish to report abuse, please forward this message to abuse@constantcontact.com.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home