Friday, February 24, 2017

FW: March, 2017 NEWSLETTER

 

 

Subject: March, 2017 NEWSLETTER

 

 

 

MARCH, 2017

 

 

Dear Fellow Believer in Christ:

Greetings in the name of our Lord! 
We pray that you are in good health and that God is with you daily! 

 

1 Timothy 5:17 ESV  Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

 

 

 

"We need to support our Pastor"

Mar 11:22  And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 

Mar 11:23  For verily I (JESUS)say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 

Mar 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 

Mar 11:25  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 

The reason for these scriptures is that we are not to doubt, but believe, and to forgive.

 

I am so thankful that our Jesus would seek me out and accept me as one of his children when I was young. I was a dreamer yet I always felt that I was not good enough to take on the dreams that Jesus would tell me to perform. When people would tell me that it could not be done, I would get upset at this. Don't tell me I can't do this but instead, help me to accomplish this task. I want to be able to dream the dream that our Lord gives me and then see it done.

 

Jesus also has helped me not only to get that task accomplished, but to find more capable people then I am to get the dream to come to fruition and to get it done the right way. I also learned from a comedian that if you want to have a friend, asks him to help or do things for you. This did not hinder my ministry at all.

 

I remember a wonderful mother and daughter-in-law in our church who asked if they to help me to promote the ministry and work of Faith Assembly. I said, Oh yes, please. They went to work on writing articles about our Men's, Women's, Youth, Children's, Nursery, etc. and placed them in the newspapers, radio Stations, T.V. stations. Before long we were running up to 300 in our two services. This only cost them time and every article they wrote was given free what they did.

 

The more people we allow to be busy for our Lord Jesus, also gives them the excitement and feeling proud that I am helping my pastor and the thrill of being a part of the church ministry. We either promote our Lord's work or we do nothing. With our mouth we can promote or destroy God's Mission.

 

Recently, I was told that I could not help a student financially in college. I found out that I had to go another route to do this. I got upset about this, but found out I could do it another way, the  right way. I could have eliminated all my stress if I prayed more and I would not have to plead for forgiveness for my attitude. It is wonderful to know that we can be forgiven by man and God. But what precious time was wasted in the process.

 

Not long ago I heard a married man say, "When I want to get something done, even if my wife don't agree with me, I will do it anyway." Remember, Mr. Married Man, when you are married, the two of you become one and you both must come in agreement. When I was 17 years of age and came down with polio, Jesus called me into Mission ministry. After Bonnie Lou and I were married, I felt so strong that I had to obey this calling. However, I had to wait till Bonnie Lou felt this calling too. I remember while visiting her parents on their farm, Bonnie Lou was upstairs and called down to me, crying, Billy come here, she told me, God has just told me that we are going to Hawaii as Missionaries.

Now two become one and after 65 years married, and 50 years in Hawaii, we have seen great mountains removed, we are able to not doubt and believe and be forgiven-all because we obeyed the Call of God.

 

This same Miracle will also happen to you. 

Give and it shall be given you. First, give of yourself.

 

William Ashpole

 

                                                                                                                  Pastor William Ashpole 

                          Cell:  808-228-1357

ashpolebam@gmail.com

http://www.ashpolebam.net

 57 Ilima St.

Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786

 

 

 

 

Feeding the spirit, feeding the body ~ Enjoy  this month's recipe:

 

For our Irish friends celebrating St. Patrick's Day

 

 

Cabbage Rolls - Reuben Style

Ingredients:

1 head of cabbage

½ lb cooked corned beef, sliced (about 2 cups)

¾ cup sauerkraut

2 slices Swiss cheese (optional), cut into thirds

Thousand Island Dressing*:

½ cup mayonnaise

2 T ketchup

1 T fresh lemon juice

1 T onion, finely chopped

½ dill pickle, chopped (3 T)

salt and pepper, to taste


DIRECTIONS:          

Preheat oven to 400.

Remove the core from your cabbage.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You want to fill the pot with enough water so that at least half of the cabbage is submerged. Place the whole cabbage head in the water. After about a minute, the outer leaf will begin to peel back from the cabbage head. Using tongs, peel that layer away from the head and keep it in the boiling water for 3 minutes. After the leaf has boiled for 3 minutes, take it out of the pot and place it in a colander to dry. The outer leaves on the cabbage will continue peeling away from the cabbage. Keep using your tongs to peel the outer leaves off the head and leave them submerged in the boiling water for 3 minutes. The goal is to boil each leaf for 3 minutes. You need 6 leaves total for the recipe.

This is the best way I know how to boil my cabbage leaves. If you have a better way, feel free to use your way.

Once your 6 leaves are all boiled, soft, and pliable, cut each tough stem about 2 inches from the bottom in a V shape (see pic below).

You may either chop up the remaining cabbage to put in the bottom of your 13×9 pan or put it away for another day. If you chop it up and use it for this dish, add some salt and pepper to taste. I also like to add a splash of Worchershire sauce to it.

Make the thousand island dressing by combining all the ingredients into a small bowl.

Now we'll stuff our rolls. Put about 1/3 cup of the corned beef at the top of the roll (the opposite side of the V-shape). Add about 1 T of dressing. Next top with about 2 T of sauerkraut. Then add the cheese slice if you are using cheese. Starting at the top, roll up the leave once. Fold the edges in and continue rolling. Place the stuffed roll into the 13×9 pan (on top of the sliced cabbage if you put the leftover cabbage in the pan). Stuff and roll the remaining leaves.

Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. Use the leftover dressing as a dipping sauce for the cabbage rolls and/or place a dollop on top of each roll and the leftover cabbage in the bottom of the pan.

 

http://www.primallyinspired.com/cabbage-rolls-reuben-style-st-patricks-day/#

 

We welcome your comments or requests for prayer.  May God continue to lead you and bless you!  If you feel led to support our ministry, send your check to the address below.

Sincerely,

 

William Ashpole

Bill Ashpole Ministries
57 Ilima St, Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786

 

Bill Ashpole Ministries | ashpolebam@gmail.com | ashpolebam.org

 

 

Stay Connected

 

 


Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

 

Bill Ashpole Ministries, 57 Ilima Street, Wahiawa, HI 96786

 

 

Sent by ashpolebam@gmail.com in collaboration with

 

THIS IS A TEST EMAIL ONLY.
This email was sent by the author for the sole purpose of testing a draft message. If you believe you have received the message in error, please contact the author by replying to this message. Constant Contact takes reports of abuse very seriously. If you wish to report abuse, please forward this message to abuse@constantcontact.com.

 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home