Thursday, July 27, 2017

FW: August, 2017 NEWSLETTER

 

 

 

 

 

August, 2017

 

 

Dear Fellow Believer in Christ:

Greetings in the name of our Lord! 
We pray that you are in good health and that God is with you daily! 

 

 

Daniel 6:26-27 NIV:  For He is the living God and He endures forever; His kingdom will not be destroyed, His dominion will never end.  He rescues and He saves; He performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth.

 

 

 

    

"ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS THROUGH JESUS!"

 

Acts 17:28 "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being;"  (KJV)

 

It has been seventy-two years when I left home in an ambulance with my wonderful aunt at my side, quoting this scripture over and over all the way from Wells where I lived with my parents, to Albert Lea hospital. I was suffering from the effects of polio and my aunt was praying over me during that long and uneasy ride. The epidemic was impacting the area and there was a lot of fear and uncertainty about this disease. My aunt knew the power of prayer and the powerful words of this scripture was stamped in my mind and memory.

 

I realized then that I was living for Jesus and I still believe in these words through what is happening to me now and also over the years.

 

Last night, I was so sore in my body. At 10:30 P.M. Bonnie Lou hit my arm to wake me (I cannot hear much without my hearing aids}. I said, Bonnie Lou, I'll call Brenda to take care of you for I'm so sore in my body and my legs. Maybe she will do it now and I will get up the rest of the night. Thankfully, Brenda came in and I fell back to sleep.

 

At 5:30 A.M. I was awakened again and Acts 17:28 started in my mind once again. "In Him I live and move and Have my being." Lord, help me to get up, for I can do this with your help". I cannot imagine how we would make it without our Jesus living in our heart and lives.

 

I rolled over and put my bed lamp on, got out of bed, reached for the new fan remote to turn the ceiling fan on. My daughter Brenda insisted that we buy six of them for most of the rooms. I fussed at her about this at the time, but she won and now I am so thankful. 

 

Bonnie Lou was told that she had to take a couple more of her water pills to help remove the water off around her heart and lungs. Bonnie Lou had to have a chip put in her near her heart and lung, so after going to the bathroom, she comes back to bed where I have put a special computer pillow on the bed and she lays on it. The pillow tells me if she laying right on the pillow and it tells me she is in good position and takes a reading. Today's technology is so amazing - this reading is then sent to a cloud to somewhere on the mainland and then back to the hospital in Pearl Ridge, Hawaii! It monitors her condition right from our home.

 

After that, I get Bonnie Lou back in bed then and decided to stay up and get ready to go to church. As I was shaving with my electric razor, this scripture of Acts 17:28 kept going over and over in my mind. I tried to shave my three-day beard off with the electric razor, but I ended up putting soap on my face and shaving with a regular razor. As I was taking a shower, this scripture still kept coming to my mind.

 

I repeated this scripture to myself over and over again. "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being;" I often wonder, how could I have been Bonnie Lou's nurse 24 hours a day? For when she had the open heart surgery some nine years ago in Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota 

and 

now some nine months ago, her stay in Pearl Ridge Hospital for 12 days with pneumonia. Even now under hospice care for the past six months - "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being;"

 

It is so wonderful to know that Jesus is always with us.

 

Every day we have our morning worship and reading of the Bible together. We read the One-year Bible so we can read the entire bible in one year. We have done this for several years and we also go through a daily devotional, Sparkling Gems, and spend time with Jesus in prayer.Jesus felt it was necessary to spend time with His Father, and many times spent all night in prayer with Him. I too, want to spend more time with Him - for In Him we live and move and have our being.

 

I told Bonnie Lou to give me time to write this article late tonight so that they know you at 89 plus and me at 88 plus years that we can say, that In Him we Live and move and have out being. How could we do this with out Jesus living in us! We are able because we have accepted Jesus as our Savior and He lives within us.

 

Acts 17:28"For in Him we live, and move, and have our being;"

 

Pastor Bill Ashpole

Ashpolebam.org

 

                                                                                                                 Pastor William Ashpole 

                          Cell:  808-228-1357

 57 Ilima St.

Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786

 

 

 

 

Feeding the spirit, feeding the body ~ Enjoy  this month's recipe:

 

 

Fresh Tomato Salad 

 

Enjoying summer's bounty from the garden     

 

 

Ingredients

  • 5 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cucumber, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup chopped parsley
  • 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the tomato, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, basil, parsley, garlic and vinegar. Toss and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill and serve.  

                 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14406/fresh-tomato-salad/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=7&isMetric=false

 

 

We welcome your comments or requests for prayer.  May God continue to lead you and bless you!  If you feel led to support our ministry, send your check to the address below.

Sincerely,

 

William Ashpole

Bill Ashpole Ministries
57 Ilima St, Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786

 

Bill Ashpole Ministries | ashpolebam@gmail.com | ashpolebam.org

 

 

Stay Connected

 

 


Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

 

Bill Ashpole Ministries, 57 Ilima Street, Wahiawa, HI 96786

 

 

Sent by ashpolebam@gmail.com in collaboration with

 

THIS IS A TEST EMAIL ONLY.
This email was sent by the author for the sole purpose of testing a draft message. If you believe you have received the message in error, please contact the author by replying to this message. Constant Contact takes reports of abuse very seriously. If you wish to report abuse, please forward this message to abuse@constantcontact.com.

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home